Monday, May 04, 2009



When it rains, it sure as heck pours I tell ya.
There have been a lot of things lately that have come my way absolutely unwanted and unexpected. Many of which I have since learned from but still wouldn't have asked to be put in my life. You live and you learn and chances are you so don't know as much as you think you do.
Have I been vague enough? K cool.
A few weeks ago Holli and I visited Adam and his roommate Kevin in Memphis for the weekend. We had lots of bar-b-que, looked at wedding dresses, went to Young Avenue Deli to hear a blues band play while eating THE MOST AMAZING FRIED PICKLES EVER!!
But anyway, in driving to bring Adam a snack for lunch I neglected to see a red light, accidentally ran it and got into a car accident with two other people. Completely rattled that it was I who caused all of this I was in shock and felt awful for what was about to occur. No matter how you slice it or how you try to play the 'what if' game, shame falls and you blame yourself incessantly for screwing up.
After the accident I had to get into big girl mode by talking to insurance agents and figure out money options. I had a really really tough week. I cried....a lot.
On top of that work realities started to set in, also the fact that people you never meant to hurt by not telling them things weighs pretty heavy on your heart.
When it rains it pours. I've seen gray skies for 3 weeks, please Jesus I need some sunlight. I'll just say that as much as you might be hurt or upset, I'm carrying it more than you may realize. Just....give me a minute.......
Though after the storm the sun can slowly break through. And I mean rulllll slowly.
April was not my month- Adam and I have had a tough semester... both of us are ready to start the next together. Finally :)
This weekend I came to Memphis again- he's been so very sick with having gotten Salmonella poisoning the last time we were here. Taco Bell any one?
I drove over to take care of him, cook some meals, clean some clothes and sheets- it feels good being the one who gets to care.
From this point on I have great respect for alllll law students. Their butts get kicked and kudos to them for sticking it out.
Enough for a sad post it seems. Back to reality I go.

No comments: