Thursday, March 19, 2009



Busy bee.
Prayers have been answered for sure as the Lord has greatly provided for me financially. This week I have worked every single day be it babysitting or iveycake and am so thankful.

Last weekened I feverishly baked and iced my first cake. I stupidly forgot to do a crumb coat of icing and put it in the fridge before doing a second coat. Needless to say, my first go-around looked more like a light blue crumb-y cake. Friday night I was up until 2:37 making so many batches of icing. At one point I ran out of powdered sugar and crisco which "necessity is the mother of invention". I grabbed 4 sticks of butter, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1 cup of regular granulated sugar. After blending made it too runny I added 2 cups of marshmallow creme. It tasted great but sadly wasn't the consistency I needed. Class on Saturday was fun, I've found baking and decorating a new hobby.
This week we're alowed to make cupcakes. I decided on espresso chocolate cake with a vanilla bean buttercream. Although because I'm a huuuge fan of nutella I decided I will put a cup of nutella into the cake batter for an extra creamy hazelnut punch. I'm so excited! The only problem is that I need to find time to make this. Eeek. See it's a blessing to work everyday until 9:30, just no time to prepare. :)
Also bees. Yes over the past few years I've had a love for the little honey, hard workin', yellow and black bees. There's a small garden shop in downtown franklin with a lovely selection of bee goods. Plates and wicker nests, iron bookends, etc. Yesterday while looking through a magazine I noticed a beautifully decorated cupcake with a marzipan and almond bee. Yes please!
Well I'm off to finish laundry and then babysitting for the evening.
Good day one and all :)

No comments: